Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Inventory: Choosing Forgiveness

After writing the post Creating Space Within by Choosing Forgiveness, I've been noticing a definite shift in my vibeage.  

Credit:  Reposting image from Good Vibe University Facebook Page


In the spirit of “letting things go” I've been drawn to take care of some of those "niggling" things that have been in lying in wait for my attention and weighing on me.


Since writing

  • I've cleaned out my purse (now substantially and literally lighter),
  • I've cleaned out my fridge and just like the car analogy when I open it I love the tidy and shiny look,
  • I've organized my pantry,
  • I've created a stack of things to put in the Post.  Cards that I've been meaning to write, pictures I've been meaning to send, and little odds and ends that I've had on my mind but kept sloughing them off.
  • I've sorted out the tangle of shoes at our entry and discarded ones that have been waiting to be released.
  • I've got a tidy uncluttered desk.
  • I've sorted through and found homes for papers that have been stuck on the bench top purgatory and now have a home.
  • And a couple more items along the same theme.
  • Interesting Note is that all of the things I took care of were out of sight but not out of mind.  
I ended the day feeling accomplished and the best part was that it had all been an organic process.  I've been known to whip myself into a cleaning frenzy and channel my inner whirlwind.  However it just started with one thing, then segued into the next, with a calm, cool, and productive and meditative rhythm.

Having addressed most of my items on my “should-do” list, and if you haven’t heard, One should never should on oneself. In addition to feeling accomplished I and my environment felt lighter.
  
Throughout the next 30 days I intend to create more of that good feeling.

Day One –  Inventory

It’s necessary to reflect on the past and acknowledge and identify who, what and specifically the feelings that are being held onto that  are full of negative stuff. 

This is my exercise in consciously choosing forgiveness, therefore I am requiring myself to consciously take stock of all that needs to be let go of.

Word of Caution:  This is not permission to don your judge’s robes, grab your gavel and start casting judgment.  Nor is this an exercise to envelop you and your past in a shroud of victimization.

I am not seeking retribution from others; I am choosing to release the attachment to and the belief of, that holding onto any past angers, hurts, embarrassments, etc is serving me.
The only service it is providing is to create restrictions in my life and hold me back.  Sustaining the clench takes away more energy than it would ever give and limits flexibility. 

Inhale Peace
Exhale Love

Inhale Now
Exhale Then

Inale Peace
Exhale Love...




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm giving my house a good de-clutter this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie said...

I find myself cleaning out, organizing and trying to streamline my physical world when I am unable to accomplish the same thing with my emotional world. My purse is pretty clean right now.....wish the letting go of the old gum wrappers of my emotional life were as easy for me. Thank you for reminding me that I need to keep at it. Julie x

Cassie said...

I am the kind of person that get very attached to some of my stuff. I held on to clothes for many years thinking that one day I will wear them again. 5 years later and they are still folded neatly, stored in a box and in the garage. I recently donated those clothes to the Salvation Army. It was a mixture of relief and sadness but I knew it was the right thing to do. Now to start on all the other boxes of stuff that is still in the garage!

Silvia Bianco said...

Sherry, I love purging. In fact I've writing a few blog posts about it. The latest has a photo of my clean refrigerator. You've captured the feeling beautifully.

Unknown said...

Awesome Sherry.

I'm a huge fan of decluttering! Good on you!

Mandy xo

Anonymous said...

Great post Sherry!! Very insightful, thank you!!! :)

Catherine Bertrand said...

Definitely in need for purging here. Thank you for the tips and reminder.

Sherry Trentini said...

Julie, I love your use of "old gum wrappers". That has stayed with me and I'm using it as a visual. Thank you for that!

Sherry Trentini said...

Cassie, you may be interested in reading my posts on Letting Go of Clothing with Love. http://sherrytrentini.blogspot.com.au/p/feng-shui-your-wardrobe.html

I can empathize with your challenge, but am curious how it felt once you donated that box?

Sherry Trentini said...

Silvia, Don't you just love a clean fridge?! It even makes the contents look even more appetizing :)

Sherry Trentini said...

To everyone who is drawn to de-cluttering, culling, pitching and cleaning your homes, I'm sending you Good Vibeage to support YOU and the process!