Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Me & the Bagua

In Feng Shui the one quintessential tools is the bagua. It is a map that can be placed over anything and teaches you where in your physical space you would find:
  • Knowledge & Self Cultivation
  • Health & Family
  • Wealth & Prosperity
  • Fame & Reputation
  • Love & Relationships
  • Children & Creativity
  • Helpful People & Travel
  • Career
  • Center

In traditional Feng Shui getting rid of the things that no longer serve you is one of the best ways to get the ch'i or life energy flowing.

Today I awoke with chest congestion and an overall feeling of lethargy, the bagua also teaches me that the chest would be found in the Children & Creativity area of my home.

This area happens to correspond with my laundry area, the one area that has a tendancy to be the dumping ground for things that have no real home. It is a small area that also serves as the entrance from the garage, and is a very high traffic area. Subsequently my furnace/utility area in the basement also corresponds to this gua. And even though I recently purged a great deal of stuff from there, as I prepare to bring down the Xmas decoration I expect there will be much more that I can release with Love!

This is where I shall begin...and with each thing I let go of I am visualizing my chest releasing as well and am creating space for more creativity in my life.

Namaste

No comments: