Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Feng Shui Bagua Map

The Feng Shui Bagua is an essential tool in associating areas of your physical space with the 9 areas or guas on the map.




Depending on the style of Feng Shui which you are interested in; the process of Bagua application may be different, however the areas on the map would not be dissimilar to the image above.  Therefore you may find that you enter your home through the Knowledge and Self Cultivation gua or that your bedroom is located in the Wealth and prosperity area.

This map could be laid over your entire property; it would be applied to your home overall, as well it can be mapped specifically on one or every room individually.  

The Bagua encompasses all the areas of our lives:
  • Knowledge and Self Cultivation
  • Health and Family
  • Wealth and Prosperity
  • Fame and Reputation
  • Love and Relationships
  • Children and Creativity
  • Helpful People and Travel
  • Career
These eight compartments, surround the Center, the common denominator or the glue that holds it all together.  The interconnectedness of the outside squares is possible because of the Center square, it is my opinion that the Center is YOU.

I personally use the Bagua Map as not only a tool which relates to our physical space, but as a tool which I value when looking at what is going on in my life, my thoughts, my feelings, my experience overall.  As well I can apply it to the things which I wish to bring into  my life, things I'm working on or towards manifesting.

The Five Elements series of posts I did (Metal, Earth, Water, Wood, Fire) beginning with the pop quiz, may have given you another perspective in which to look at creating balance, and potentially how your living rooms may or may not mirror that.  

This series of posts is my interpretation of Bagua map as it applies in Feng Shui; followed by how it can be an instrument aiding us in observing the balances and imbalances, to create connectedness and perspectives in our lives.  How our "go forward from the center: our thoughts, attitudes and feelings" have a direct impact on moving forward. 

Just like for your home, a Feng Shui consultant may invite you to move furniture, add elements, or subtract clutter in order to get the energy moving in your space; de-cluttering our minds is equally as important.  

My intention is to share with you my approach in Creating Space in life with my Creating Space Bagua.




With Grateful Ch'i...



No comments: