Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Permission Granted

In my opinion, one of the most visually stimulating and poignant clips in the movie, The Secret, is when they show a seed sprouting underground and it beginning to press its way upward and out of the earth. Simultaneously, James Ray, is telling the viewer that the Universe is supporting your vibration even though it may not be readily apparent. Therefore, if you decide that it’s not working, then that seed that is about to sprout will stop its progress, and he repeats “Your wish is my command”.

I received an email from a friend who had been visualizing the scale reading 2 pounds less, the result was plus 2 not minus. So now what? Does that mean this doesn’t work? My intuition tells me we need to find a stronger vibe, a stronger feeling. And if you want a different answer; you have to ask a different question.

1. What is your relationship with your body?

My relationship with body is that “I can literally feel that my body is at my healthy body weight right NOW”. I am repeating and visualizing my intended weight number multiple times during the day. And I’ve noticed each time I do so I scan my entire body and physically am feeling that number. I affirm that it feels so good to be ___pounds NOW and when I walk, sit, stand, whatever I am truly connected with feeling lighter. I am feeling my body at my number literally and figuratively, from head to toe.

2. What is your relationship to food?

I’m not counting points, I’m not weighing food, I’m not denying myself anything because that was (note the past tense) my relationship to food in the context of releasing weight. As a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, 3 years ago I decided to go back to a meeting and for that entire week I struggled internally and externally with feeling like I was having to deny myself food and that conscious resistance stopped me from going to my second meeting. Essentially I was feeling judged by my food choices and in turn judging myself, not exactly supporting my intention.

I have given myself permission to feel the weight already gone, my meals are the same however my portions, my snacks, and my relationship with food is that which supports my goal on the scale. I do not feel judgmental about my food choices, and best of all nothing I’ve eaten since the beginning has felt like “cheating” on myself.

Therefore, since I do not feel as though I’m denying myself food, I also do not feel cravings and my food choices have and are supporting my vibration.

3. What is your relationship to the scale?

The other night I watched the weigh in portion of “The Biggest Loser”, not only is the scale itself daunting, their weigh in is being watched by a zillion viewers. Talk about a judge and jury!

I became a lifetime member of Weight Watchers while in high school and all of us in the house were following the program. My one distinct weigh in memory was the week I was to receive my lifetime achievement for maintaining my goal. So I didn’t eat before the meeting, went…weighed in…got my key…drove home and ate a tray of chocolates to celebrate. Too Funny!

Now, my relationship with my scale is that of a friend, you know the one who tells you the truth even when you don’t want to hear it. My association with the numbers is not dripping with sarcasm and judgment, its just telling me the way or rather the weigh it is. This may sound out there but I thank the scale for telling me the truth.

4. What would improve your relationship to releasing the weight, now?

Perhaps its not just a matter of visualizing the scale’s numbers; perhaps getting on the scale would not support your vision. These can be tools that you may call on at another time.

Give yourself permission to be open to feeling differently about your body, about your choices, about your relationship to the intention. Open up the lines of communication with yourself to finding the feeling, the feeling that you can connect to and plug in to be supercharged. Give yourself permission to succeed in any one way that you can build on.

Moving diagonally on the bagua from Knowledge & Self Cultivation is Love & Marriage. This area on the bagua can be literally interpreted with respect to your marital relationship; however it is defined by all of your relationships. You and your spouse, you and your children, you and your job, you and your pet, you and your _____fill in the blank___…and the list goes on.

Choosing to change my thoughts and beliefs about releasing weight has been and will be integral to my success, and I was ready, willing and open to doing so.

I invite you to give yourself permission to find that one thing to support the seed of your intention that has been planted.

With Grateful Ch’i,

No comments: